Tuesday 4 May 2010

Grav Tank Platoon

.

Old Crow 15mm Sci Fi
Gladius Grav Tank Platoon (WIP)


An hour to spare before lunch yesterday, so painted up this Old Crow Grav Tank platoon. The paint scheme is Humbrol Panzer Grey base dappled light grey bands over which artist acrylics are scrunched (Mars Orange and Burnt Umber). These are fast drying so I was able to give the vehicles a coat of GW Devlan Mud which tied the colours together.

Note that I paint the guns separately. On this occasion I'm replacing the ones they came with for barrels that look like they have a heavier punch from left over options provided with GZG V15-16A heavy anti-tank guns on ground mounts.

The Gladius is a bit uninspiring in the bare resin but once painted is a mean, sleek Grav Panzer. These models had been kept to one side to experiment with. Giving them elements from WW2 Panzer IVs - 75L gun barrels, hatches, shurzen from old 1/76th plastic kits - but it was too much pain to make it work and ensure the shurzen was wargame proof.

p.s. the turret ring of the Gladius is the same as a 15mm WW2 Tiger 1. May make an interesting WWW2 conversion.

Cheers
Mark
.

4 comments:

  1. GAH!? Curse you 15mm clowns and your hour-to-spare-before-lunch painted grav tank platoons!?

    Seriously, nice job. Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to call myself a "15mm clown"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Tim! Coming from a fellow gamer whose productivity, painting style, gaming ambition and sense of fun I admire - I appreciate the compliment.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a 15mm clown, but I wear 28mm clown shoes.

    ReplyDelete