Sunday 18 April 2010

Post Apocalyptic Outpost - WIP

.
Here is some more post apocalypse scenery I've been working on. This 'outpost' was started a week or so ago and I must give full credit to the Black Primer Paint blog which inspired me to try this in 15mm:


I've been waiting on several packs of 15mm Damaged Oil Drums from Mike at The Scene to add more interest to the base. Now they're here, I'll crack on and hopefully get it finished this week, using the remainder of the barrels to create a couple of bases of scatter terrain.

10 for £1.50 from The Scene

I intend keeping a pack or two of these damaged oil drums available in my bits box for future projects as they are incredibly handy, especially at that price!

I've also made a start on some piles of damaged/scrapped cars - see above - without which no post apocalypse wasteland is complete.

If the post apocalypse genre interests you then I seriously recommend the Post Apocalyptic Wargames Forum. The tone is friendly, helpful and supportive, plus there are some great guys on it.

Will keep you updated as the project progresses.

Cheers
Mark
.

2 comments:

  1. A little paint, and these would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I just started something like this last night using MDF panels instead of CD's though! Can't wait to see your finished product.
    Mongo.

    ReplyDelete