Friday 17 July 2009

RAFM - Ex Citadel 15mm Sci Fi Being Pulled!


RAFM to take 15mm Sci-fi range out of production


As of August 30th 2009 the RAFM Grav vehicles and infantry

will be pulled from production.

WWW.RAFM.COM

I'm personally quite sad to hear this news. The Master Chef and I bought around 300 of the miniatures and I have to confess that I would have bought more if the mail to the UK wasn't so steep.

Our thanks go to RAFM for making them available over the last year, so that Sci Fi grognards like us can relive our early glory days of battles with classic Traveller Book 4: Mercenary using the numbers of figs we wanted way back then!

Cheers

Mark


5 comments:

  1. A very gracious posting, Mark.

    It is a pity that these models couldn't stay around longer.

    I do think they were hurt by their high price point which really did not position them well for the average gamer.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed.

    I really like their astronauts.

    Just wish there were more poses, and that the few other astronauts they have access to, in the other sets were produced as well, in addition to the civilians/adventurers too.

    I ordered some vehicles as well, and am looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can still see the figure packs on the RAFM site? Have they really been removed or just the GRAV vehicles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. RAFM changed their minds. Infantry stayed but Grav armour went.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the grav armor is back and has been expanded upon a bit.

    ReplyDelete